Monday, November 15, 2010

Just a quick hello

Hey lovelies. Thought I'd take a minute to do a quick update since I haven't posted in a while. So here's what has been up with me lately.

-I have a cold I can't seem to shake. Started with a sore throat last Thurs/Friday and has morphed into congestion. I get winded walking up and down stairs because I can't breathe. Also, food tastes less appetizing right now.

-My husband left me....to spend an extra week with his family for Thanksgiving. His mom flew him down last Friday and I'll be joining him in Alabama Tuesday the 23rd. I'm hoping she can get all her fawing-over-him out of her system before I get down there.

-We've been waiting a month now to get Bruce's first unemployment check. (He's on seasonal layoff) I'm sure this seasonal layoff wouldn't be such a bitch if he hadn't previously worked in another state. The State of Wisconsin is trying to get some money from his one employer in Alabama so that they don't have to fork it all out themselves. Hopefully next year this process will be much smoother since he's already in the system now.

-The house hunt is still on. But we can only use my income to qualify. This means we won't qualify for as much as we originally thought, but we now qualify for down payment assistance programs. So basically we can put down whatever money we saved for a down payment and these grants (multiple) can be used towards our closing costs, additional down payment,etc.

-I'm in baby mode. I want a baby. I noticed it's become much stronger since I'm almost 30.

No comments: