Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pico de Gallo recipe

I stumbled across a website where you can have recipes automatically sent to you via e-mail and they include a shopping list. So far I've found a hand full of recipes that I'd actually use. Sign up at dinnervibe when you get the chance.


Those of you that know me know how much I love Mexican food. I could literally eat it 3 days a week, if not more. I came across an easy Pico de Gallo recipe today that I thought I'd share.


2 cups ripe red tomatoes diced (approx. 4 medium tomatoes)
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 cup diced onion
1/2 cup cilantro (I have an insane love for cilantro!!)
2 jalapenos diced--remove seeds and stems
2 limes, juiced
1/2 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste


Mix all ingredients together and let it sit for a half an hour. Use immediately after. Olé!

No comments: