
If I had to summarize my life lately (well since March really), this picture would do the trick. I didn't wind up getting the job at Whitewater after all. In fact, looking back at my original post, I realize I didn't get any of the jobs I applied for! But, I'm trudging on. We still haven't gotten any final word on the restructuring plan here at UAB. In our staff meeting on Monday, we were told the President would make her official announcement in October and then we'll finally know what will happen next academic year.
Bruce had an interview with a railroad company back in August and we have heard nothing from that either. Rumor on the streets with that is that the company hired all the northern line people earlier this month and those in the southern part should hear something in the next week.
So our alternate plan #3 now is for me to keep applying to jobs as they come up and keep our fingers crossed that we hit it lucky. If I wind up losing my job, I've decided to look into applying to grad school at UW-Madison and UW-La Crosse for Higher Ed/Student Affairs. I'm hoping that the UW will grant me in-state residency based on what I've submitted thus far but I won't be submitting anything until I know exactly what's happening with my job. UW-La Crosse's program is available online so I could do that one either way.

No comments:
Post a Comment