Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Two months in to 2010

I hate to say it, but 2010 has been a giant suck thusfar. I'm now a year away from turning 30 and that's sort of got me freaked out. Do you remember when you were young and you set certain goals for yourself....like "I want to be married with at least one child by the time I'm 30." Well if I've learned anything in 2009 it's that sometimes you have to throw your age related goals out the window and go with the rollercoaster that is life.

March will be bittersweet for us this year. It's our 3 year anniversary, but it will also mark one year since Bruce lost his job. I'm not going to lie...this last year wasn't an easy one for us. Bruce has been working with a friend, but steady work is hard to come by down here (as I'm sure is the case all over the U.S.). But we're taking steps to hopefully remedy the situation. As you can tell from previous postings, I've been applying for jobs in study abroad like a madwoman; especially if those jobs are in Wisconsin. Bruce has applied to go back to school because in today's economy, having that degree is a must. He applied to UAB (which is where I currently work) for a degree in Information Systems. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he'll do well on his COMPASS exam and start classes this summer.

Luckily the stress I've been under lately has served as a great motivator for my workouts. I've been steady with my M-W-F gym routine and have lost around 11 lbs since October.

So other than that, not much new to report down here. I'm excited that my parents will be down for a little vacation in March. I can't wait to see them!!

No comments: