Bruce and I decided to take a short weekend trip away last weekend. Away from his family, away from Jasper, away from Alabama in general. So we decided to drive 3 hrs north and visit the great city of Nashville.
Et voila...downtown Nashville and the riverboat that should've been docked on the river, yet instead we saw a homeless guy sleeping on the dock.
I love Nashville. It's probably one of my most favorite cities in the south. Why, pray tell, does this Yankee, Sconnie-forever at heart girl love Music city so much? Here's why:
It's a big city that doesn't feel like a big city. Nashvegas=626,444 Madison=231,916. I don't feel lost in either city when I'm back home or visiting.
It has a trendy downtown area that reminds me of State Street. State Street will always have a place in my heart, as I've stumbled down it many a night drunk after my 21st birthday. The equivalent in Nashville is Broadway, home to Ernest Tubbs Record Shop (which is where we bought our map to stalk the stars), bars, tattoo parlors, kitchy collectable stores (think WI Dells), and many of the "honky tonks" where singer-songwriters get their start in the city
Music! I love music and though I'm not 100% in love with Country music, Nashville offers a great variety of venues and types of bands to enjoy.
So as you can see, Katie+Nashville=♥. Nashville has been officially added to our possible places to live in 2014.


2 comments:
I have never been there but now I am intrigued. And 2014?
Yes, 2014 is the year that Bruce would be done with school if he follows through to get a BA/BS. This is our target year to move somewhere, hopefully out of Alabama.
Post a Comment