So things have been a little quiet on the posting front huh? Well my new job has been keeping me more than busy. I have been doing some form of training every day since I started almost a month ago.
Oh wow, it's been a month already! I don't want to say that the learning curve is steep, but I have A LOT to learn about evaluating credits, calculating quarters to semesters, using a new computer system, and transitioning from an office of six people to 45+ has had it's own sets of challenges.
Bruce also lucked out on the job front. He was hired on full time with TruGreen within three weeks of us being here. I would say that's pretty good timing! I also recieved a fairly substantial last paycheck yesterday from UAB which was a nice surprise. That should help our savings account recover from the shock of the move & should hopefully give us a cushion for the month.
Our next step is chosing an area of Madison in which to live. We're sort of looking at Middleton/West Madison/Verona/McFarland. Totally narrowed down right? HAHA.
One thing I have been so greatful for has been the awesome amount of support we recieved on our move back. My parents have been more than generous in letting us crash (temporarily) in their basement and I have to admit that my friends have been awesomely welcoming to Bruce as well. Despite the rough first week back (due to other drama I won't discuss here), overall it feels like we really did make the right decision with this move.
Thursday, July 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ma petite...I am so happy to hear that life is going well for you. Sounds like this was definitely the right move for you both with things falling in to place. Yay...I love it when that happens! :)
Post a Comment