Sunday, September 05, 2010

It appears the inevitable has happened

Between this


and this



I've managed to gain back the 10 pounds I lost during my 3 day a week gym regime in Alabama. This makes me not so happy, so despite the fact that I walk 3 blocks each way everyday to get to my bus and despite the fact I do Zumba every Thursday, I will be joining a local gym. Our local Village Center has a full gym that costs only $25 a month for a year membership (which is less that what I was paying down in AL) and they offer additional fitness classes.
My lack of motivation for fitness has really been getting to me. I keep meaning to start Couch to 5k but it never happens. I was never much of a runner anyhow but I thought it would help ease me in. No luck. So I think I'm going to focus on trying to eat better & keeping up the 3 day a week gym routine here...especially during winter. Maybe as I lose weight that way, it will become easier (?) for me to pick up running.
Not much is new with us otherwise. We spent the last two or three weekends going to Open Houses to see what's for sale in the Madison area. Right now we're still staying in my parents basement while we save up a down payment and find the right house in the right neighborhood. Plus our dog is pretty happy here & has found a playmate in my parents dog. Bruce's job keeps him pretty busy and we've been catching up with various friends in the area on weekends when we can. We've made plans to head down to Alabama for Thanksgiving weekend. I hate to admit that I've got mixed feelings about seeing his family there. I'm really excited to see Christy & Brandy, but after the drama we went through with his aunt when we moved....it just kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Anyhow, that's life I guess.

No comments: