So I know I'm stating the obvious, but being a mom is by far the hardest job I've ever had...and I'm only 3 weeks in. I'm learning that newborns are crazy little things. One day they're super calm and sweet and the next, they're screaming constantly and can not be soothed. One minute I feel like I'm the world's best mom and can do everything...and then the next I can't seem to keep her from screaming. Oy vey!
Plus I'm still in recovery from my c-section. I can't lift anything over 10 lbs for another week to three weeks and our daughter is now at 9 lbs 2 oz (or she was as of her last doctor's appointment a week ago). So as she continues to grow and get heavier, I can't physically carry her in her car seat so that we can get out of the apartment and go on walks in the neighborhood. I basically have to wait until my husband gets home before I can do anything. So feeling stuck in our apartment is pretty rough as well. I've had to pass on a few lunch offers from friends because I physically can't carry Erin (our baby) to/from the car and the apartment.

No comments:
Post a Comment